Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sticky evening

UPDATE - Finished product!


Today I was asked to bring Ambrosia Salad to a picnic on the Fourth.
I found a great recipe, but it calls for homemade marshmallows.

So tonight, between laundry and gardening and cleaning, I decided to finally attempt marshmallows - mostly to learn the trick so come Christmas, I can make them, dip them in chocolate and bring them to parties.

My apologies for the bad focus, my hands were STICKY the entire time -
Also, apologies for not taking pics of the process but it's all about timing and temperature and stopping to take pics seemed a great way to cock the whole thing up.

So... the finished pan of marshmallows, soon to be cut and turned into Ambrosia Salad.


Treat - FlufferNutter with leftovers.


Just a cooking hint - lower thermometer is a CANDY THERMOMETER.
Top thermometer is NOT a candy thermometer.

It would have been nice to know that before I started.
yeah... before.

No comments: