Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekend Bounty: What I found at Cain Park

After the Market, I met up with a friend to go to the Cain Park Arts Festival.

I haven't been in a couple of years, and I was glad to return.
There were over a 120 artists this year, most with something beautiful I could see finding a home with me.
Because I'm on a budget, I limited myself to the cash on hand for purchases.

Feeling frugal, I stuck to practical art - ceramics especially.

I love a good bowl, even more so, a good kitchen implement.

Three lovely bowls.


I love the purple color, and the green speckling reminds me of Araucana eggs.

These two pieces include a small colander with a handle (perfect for berries... or radishes). And something that I call "isn't-quite-a-creamer."

It's got a pouring spout, and is tall - perfect for whisking scrambled eggs or making salad dressing.
I adore the glaze - lavender pink and tealy-blue.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I saw that berry colander and seriously thought about buying it. It's beautiful and unusual.

sarah said...

I had to have it. I loved her "families" of glazes - I could have easily broken the bank at her stand. I was charmed by the hanging vase/flowerpot as well, but thought that the colander and the other piece would get the most use.