Saturday, July 12, 2008

Weekend Bounty: What I found in my garden

UPDATED UPDATE: The proto-pumpkin is DEAD. Someone (or thing) disconnected it. Although I would love to blame the children of the heathens downstairs, I think it was more likely a raccoon or cat, which worries me and makes me wonder what I can do to keep it from happening again....

UPDATE: I just picked a pint of raspberries from the bushes in the shared garden.
Raspberries!
I know exactly what I'll be doing with them....

After a day on the East Side, I went out to the community garden to thin out the radishes - much to my surprise, I found all this! (Actually, this is half the bounty, I gave the other half to the neighbor sharing the plot...)



In my own garden, the pumpkin patch is flourishing....

A proto-pumpkin

No comments: