Saturday, June 28, 2008

Driven to distraction

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have FALLEN IN LOVE.

Truly.
Deeply.
Madly...

My I present my true love - leather and canvas spectators with no less than a 4.5 inch heel.
As I like to call them - ExPats Spats.


Can you not envision yourself descending from a Gipsy Moth in these?
Smoking C to Cs in a sand storm whipped by the ghibli or aajej?
Walking into Shepheard's for a stiff drink and a tryst with your lover?
Perfect for a holiday or a lifetime in Paris on the Nile.


It has been long time since a shoe or any other bit of fashion has conjured up such a rich fantasy, but here it is, and I am content to let it wash over me... like the sea spray that dampens my finger waves as I stand on the bow of a Cunard Steamship. 

1 comment:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

oh well those are just fabulously gorgeous and fun.