Tuesday, June 17, 2008

More local food

It's early in the season, but my herbs are doing well with all the rain and sun.
I decided it was time to gather and create.

From the garden (clockwise from upper left): thyme, basil, rosemary, chives, with sage at the center.

Many thanks to Mulberry Creek Herb Farm for all the organic herbs over the years. If you like a mini-road trip, don't miss their Herb Fair this weekend - with a Tuscan theme.

I thought boursin cheese would be a good result from what I had on hand - I use it in salads (with the strawberries) or slather it on toasty bread.

I mixed equal parts goat and cream cheese, then added chopped herbs, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.


A bunch of spicy-smelling, earthy, clove-y basil.


I put the basil in the food processor with olive oil, salt & pepper, garlic and a bit of parmesean cheese...


I can't wait to have it over pasta tomorrow night...

No comments: