Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ms. Stilgenblogger lives for a day

A day OFF.
A whole day to do whatever I want.
And a weekday to boot.
Not a holiday.
Or a Saturday.
Nary a throng to fight.

I LOVE the decadence of a weekday off.
I used to take them more when I free-lanced, in fact, I almost preferred to work on weekends and play during the week.
Who knew Trader Joe's could exist without lines?
Or that you could park close to Target?

So today I took a day...

I did laundry!
I gardened!
I met a friend and bought 6 months worth of bath supplies from Lush.
I bought perfume!
I tried on Gladiator sandals!
We had mojitos outside and got pleasantly tipsy - at 2pm!
The coupe de grace was the pedicure - 30 minutes of foot-buffing-InStyle-reading heaven...
I went back to the friend's house and learned how work a lace pattern for a cami I'm starting.
Then I met up with some of my Master's degree program friends at Fairmount Wine Bar for Happy Hour, followed swiftly by knitting at the Coventry Phoenix.
We hadn't had dinner, so we made our way to the new pan-asian place Tree... Tree... Tree something.
Very good - affordable, somewhere on the continuum between Pacific East and grocery sushi.

All in all, the kind of day I love - busy, interesting, good food, good company and a general sense of calm and well-being.

Next time... a trip to Huntington beach for swimming and Honey Hut ice cream.

1 comment:

sarah said...

well you and yo' glad rags can SUCK it.
excuse me, I gotta air out my seersucker and tighten my lock jaw...