Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sorbet!

No pics yet - but I'm working on a new sorbet...

Honey lavender (first draft)
2 cups H20
3/4 cups honey
2 Tbsp dried Lavender buds

Heat honey and H20 to dissolve honey.
Add lavender (I added some lemon verbena, too).
A note about the lavender - I had some dried on hand that is considered edible, and I'm unsure as to the edibility of say - fresh lavender from the garden... I wonder if all the recipes I read that mentioned "food grade lavender" were to try and keep one from raiding the potpourri jar - I'll look into it, but I'm guessing fresh lavender is fine. 
A wee sprinkling of salt.
Bring to boil.
Reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow to sit (10-ish minutes)

Strain all the bits out.

Mix in 2 Tbsp lemon juice & 2 Tbsp vodka.

Refrigerate until cool and let the ice cream maker do what it does best.

Fingers crossed (I'm at the "Remove from heat" step and my kitchen smells divine...

No comments: