Thursday, July 19, 2007

Just trying something

Part of my job is to attend our performances and interact with our audience members.

Like most classical arts organizations, we have a greying audience, especially on Sunday afternoons.

I've never been much of a doodler, but this crowd seems to demand it.
I know my grandfather did a lot of cartooning, maybe its just been lying dormant...

This was done from memory the other day, not very good, but not bad for a first attempt.
Everytime I would walk by the ladies' room, I would see the old men... waiting... bored... looking a little like birds on a wire or vultures, even.

I think I need to bring a sketchbook with me from now on.



I do hope to get back to posting more original art soon, but between deadlines, performances and general summer busy-ness, it's been difficult to focus on art.

No comments: