Monday, September 15, 2008

I'll never be cold again

Today was our first real autumn day.
Crisp, with a chill in the air.

I went with a friend to the mall to look at dresses for a wedding and Heavens! there are coats everywhere.

I hemmed and hawed about this coat, but decided that I haven't bought a new, professional, well-made piece of outwear in years.
It fit beautifully and had lovely details: princess seams, pleated collar and gathered bell sleeves.

Here's me trying the "self-portrait" thing... (not so much)


I dragged out the duct tape dress form for a better pic...


Then I tried to shove it into the outwear portion of my closet and HOLY HELL, I have alot of coats. Mostly vintage. All for "dress up." Once more, it's all about the story...

For piloting a Gypsy Moth across the Sahara.


For my days as a Cambridge academic.


For man-eating moments in The City

No comments: