Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hellllooooo

I'm a little bit back.
I've been working and knitting and enjoying weekends with the Physicist.
A short list of the past few weeks.
I've...
  • seen the Weston Exhibit at the Akron Art Museum.
  • spent the afternoon in Oberlin and taken in the collection at the Allen Art Museum.
  • seen E.O. Wilson speak at Severence Hall on Darwin
  • seen Brian Greene speak at Finney Chapel on String Theory
  • read "White Teeth" by Zadie Smith
  • read "The Year of Magical Thinking" by Joan Didion
  • started "A walk in the woods" by Bill Bryson
  • started "Epitaph for a peach" by David Masumoto
  • watched countless TED talks
  • drank copious amounts of tea
  • finished watching the complete "Brideshead Revisited"
  • weened myself off sleeping with a white noise machine (sometimes...)
  • learned to ask for the little things that make life better
  • learned that asking sometimes even results in receiving
  • ate hybridized chestnuts
  • strengthened my vegetarian cooking skills
  • learned what a 2-stroke engine is AND am preparing to help fix one (!)
All in all, it's been a good few weeks - strike that - months.

Happy just isn't fodder for blogs - but I'll try to keep up appearances...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the contrary, I think happy is EXCELLENT fodder for blogs. Your list of what you have been up to is inspiring. (And a little humbling, I feel like a slug in comparison!)

Do you think you're only interesting when you are unhappy or conflicted? I think that is an unfortunate common belief. (Wait a minute, isn't there a TED lecture on this topic? Heh!) Or is writing only interesting to you when you are working through something weighty?

I wish I were keeping up with my blog and memorializing all the happy I have in my life. :)

sarah said...

No, but I think this blog was born of a storm and now that it's subsided, so it changes how I interact with it.

I also know that I get all gaggy when I read some of the "look-how-perfect-my-life-is" blogs, and I don't want that either.

I'll figure it out - but thanks for the input, I'll be sure to share more of the happy!

Anonymous said...

Remember there is a lot of ground between writing about happy and writing a "look how perfect my life is" blog!

I know what you mean, but I can't imagine you making people feel gaggy. :)