Friday, February 27, 2009

Grease monkey

Last weekend Physicist and I went to my uncle's and picked up the outboard motor that hasn't worked in almost a decade.

I know nothing of building and/or rebuilding motors.
Carburetors? Nope.
Pistons? Uh-uh.
Crankshafts? What?

But I can't wait to figure it out.

We're getting a barrel from a friend of a friend once we clean it, because you can't work on an outboard unless its propeller is in water (I actually knew this - yay, me!)

The trailer has new wheels - now I just have to get my parents to the Title Bureau to transfer it to me so I can secure a trailer license and haul the beast to the garage.

Pics will come soon!

At the very least, it feels good to finally move forward on a project I've been aching to get started for years.

Hurrah for forward momentum!

No comments: