Sunday, February 27, 2011

Aerialist-in-training

When most people create their 30-something fitness goal, it seems that it always includes running and ends in "-thon."

So not my style.

But yoga is my style and I'm at the point where strength is my greatest hurdle.
I also realized that I am a frustrated acro/gymnast/balancing artist.
With barely any balance to speak of.

I looked into finding a suspended yoga class, but alas, there are none that were easily found. What I found was aerial silks.

I've been at it since mid-January. We do it when we can, since the teacher is a medical resident and has a wonky schedule. But I love the class and it's motivation for building strength. I'm not too terribly impressive, but I'm learning...

Climbing...


Wrapping for something called "Man in the Moon"




Hip lock...


Splits...



Crazy, right?

You all can keep your "-thons," I prefer to defy gravity.

1 comment:

Emily Lindberg said...

Oh my goodness! This looks so cool! I'm right there with you; it's so much more rewarding to do some sort of activity where you can exert yourself than it is to exercise for exercise sake.