Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Kingdom

Saw it.
Loved it.
Love Chris Cooper.

Some coincidences to ponder....

I went to college with Jen Garner, I was theater major, we shared a dressing room when she was a fancy senior and I was lowly frosh and we were in Jacques Brel.
She taught me how to make hair scrunchies.

While in school, I developed a friendship with a gun-toting son of State Dept. officials who were always in the Middle East. He always reminded me of Alex P. Keaton, from Family Ties.
He wanted to join the FBI and shoot things. They did a show together. It was Chekov, in it his character shoots himself.

The summer after my sophomore year, I worked at a summer stock that Jen suggested I check out. That summer, we did Love Letters, starring Michael Gross... of Family Ties fame. I washed his socks.

I saw The Kingdom and Jason Bateman was in it with Jen, his sister is Justine Bateman, from FAMILY TIES. (Incidentally, she is now in Men in Trees with Emily Bergl who was in The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man in the Moon Marigolds at a theater I worked for in VT and played opposite Liza Weil who was on Gilmore Girls... where Ms. Bergl did a cameo or two... but i digress... no guns or FBI or Family Ties ties to them, really.)

It doesn't really MEAN anything, but its just weird and I thought I'd share.

No comments: