Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Good, the Unexpected and the Bad

Every day I discover more interesting changes as a result of the weight loss...

The Good:
I can do more yoga poses. I kept my strength, but decreased my mass, so it takes less effort to do more. And less volume means I can do binds and a deeper plow pose.

The Unexpected:
Some of my shoes are too big now. I never thought of feet as appendages that gain or lose volume with weight loss.

The Bad:
I've switched to a smaller bra.
Damn.
My boobs were always a feature I felt consistently good about.
Here's to hoping that sentiment will extend to an increased roster of parts.

I can't say enough positive things about this process, but I also have twinges of guilt that "Too much food" is the problem I face. I exist in such a unique time and place in the world, when a legitimate personal challenge includes learning how to fight the evolutionary and biological directive to eat as much sugar and fat as possible.

No comments: