Saturday, January 24, 2009

Toffee with Fluer de Sel

So my delightfully cozy Friday night plans were thwarted by the beginnings of bronchitis (for me) and a nasty cold (for a friend).

I decided to laze about, reading copies of Martha Stewart that a friend gave me and, much to my delight, I found that her December issue had a chapter on candy.

I love the chemistry of candy-making, although I'm still quite the novice.

I found this recipe and realized that I had everything needed to make it.

So I got up, put on a Drs. face mask and apron and got to work!

The first step is to make Napalm of the listed ingredients: 300 degree Fahrenheit(!)
I kept worrying it would spill over... but luckily, it did not.



Poured onto a jellyroll pan lined with parchment paper and sprinkled with white and black sea salt.



Delicious bits of buttery, sugary, salty goodness.



To share. (Hence the Drs. mask... no one wants bronchitis in their candy)

1 comment:

Beth said...

oh yum! when can I expect my jar to be delivered??? LOL