Thursday, May 15, 2008

bad bad bad-ity bad bad bad

I canNOT make this a habit.



Deeeeelicious sugar cookie and grande iced green tea no fat no whip shake yo booty and dance dance latte.

UPDATE: For the record, I am somewhat of a sugar cookie connoisseur. It's a recent development, in the last 5 years or so, following swiftly on the heels of my new found interest in marshmallows and cotton candy (hated the stuff as a child - I was all about the savory, then).

That said, I try glazed sugar cookies whenever I stumble upon a bakery and I'm surprised and somewhat embarrassed to say that the Bucks of Star's newest cookie beats almost any I've had in recent months: Zoss, Heinen's, even Sweet Mosaic's (say it ain't so!). And I know this is a recent change. I had their penguin cookie at the holidays and it was stale and sawdust-ie with a *just* hint of cardboard. I don't know if all the internal corporate restructuring has brought about this new dawn of sugar cookies - but as they say, the proof is in the sweet sweet perfectly crumblie cookie.

I hesitate to call it "perfect," but I must indulge and say, for my own personal tastes, the texture, flavor, sweetness, size and overall product is as close to the phantom sugar cookie of my dreams as I will likely ever come.

I will, however, redeem my "buy local" and say - for the record - that Sweet Mosaic's Ginger Chewy beats all takers in all contests - except maybe their gingerbread layer cake with cream cheese frosting....

No comments: